Monday 6 September 2010

ALL HAIL THE UNION


EUROCARE

Surprised to read in the Times yesterday that the little matter of my recent discomfort has been taken up at European level. I must admit I haven't always been the most ardent supporter of the whole EU enterprise but this unprecedented display of concern by those faceless Eurocrats has deep;y touched me and given me pause for some thought. Perhaps there might even be a 'payment[ pending to assist me in my hour of affliction, sort of like the farmers used to get for allowing fields to remain unplanted. Maybe the non-use of an ailing limb might qualify for a stipend of some kind ? You think ? I suppose it's unlikely in these straitened times but at least it's comforting to know that over there on the mainland there is notice taken of this EU citizen wounded on the western island. ~ GOSh.~

No comments: