Monday 11 June 2007

HERE IT COMES...



THOUGHTS ON SUMMER


Summer set lip to earth's bosom bare,And left the flushed print in a poppy there.~Francis Thompson


To see the Summer Sky Is Poetry, though never in a Book it lie -True Poems flee.~Emily Dickinson


What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. ~Gertrude Jekyll

I question not if thrushes sing,If roses load the air;Beyond my heart I need not reach When all is summer there.~John Vance Cheney


In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ~Albert Camus


Press close, bare-bosomed Night! Press close, magnetic,nourishing Night!Night of south winds! Night of the large, few stars!Still, nodding Night! Mad, naked, Summer Night!~Walt Whitman


Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James


Summer is the time when one sheds one's tensions with one's clothes, and the right kind of day is jeweled balm for the battered spirit. A few of those days and you can become drunk with the belief that all's right with the world. ~Ada Louise Huxtable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like ure blog its gentle as a summer breeze and often just as refreshing