Saturday 28 July 2007

NOT SO PRETTY POLLY !

OFFENDING PARROT

John received a parrot as a gift. Unfortunately, the parrot had a bad attitude, an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious, laced with profanity. John tried to change the parrot's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music, anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up he yelled at the parrot. The bird yelled back! John shook the parrot but the bird only got angrier even ruder. In desperation, John threw up his hands, grabbed the bird put him in the freezer. For a few minutes, the parrot squawked kicked screamed. Then suddenly, there was total silence. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the freezer door.The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms said "I believe I may have offended you with my crude language actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude unforgivable behaviour." John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behaviour, the bird continued ."May I ask what the turkey did?"

1 comment: