Thursday 23 August 2007

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD

NEW SEVEN WONDERS
OF THE WORLD
Pyramids at Chichen Itza, Mexico (before 800 AD)


100 million people recently voted for the New Seven Wonders of the World. The old Seven Wonders were compiled between 480 and240 BC by herodotus and Callimachus,and included - the Great Pyramid of Giza - Hanging Gardens at Babylon - Statue of Zeus at Olympia - Temple of Artemis at Ephesus - Mausoleum of Maussolos at Halicarnassus - Colossus of Rhodes - Lighthouse of Alexandria. Only the Pyramid at giza remains standing , the others having been destroyed by earthquakes and fire and the ravages of time. Here are the all New Seven Wonders of the World...





The Taj Mahal, Agra, India (1630 AD)




Roman Colosseum,Rome (70-82 AD)



Petra, Jordan (9 BC-40 AD)




Machu Picchu, Peru (1460-1470 AD)





Great Wall of China (220 BC and 1368-1644 AD)






Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro (1931)
- Click on any image to enlarge -


Al of this has got me to thinking ....what about a list of the seven Wonders of the jaded current age....
1 > I wonder do I look big in this....
2 > I wonder does he/she really love me...
3> I wonder will we get a Summer next year...
4> i wonder should we get an au pair...
5> I wonder where we'll go on our second holiday this year...
6> I wonder should we invest in that foreign property...
7>I wonder what's on the telly

GOSh.































1 comment:

Tony said...

As reflective as ever i see, but I wonder!