Monday 4 February 2008

POUNCEY THE GARDENER !

This is 'Pouncey' the venerable farmyard
cat-in-residence at the Broderick farm in
Pallaskenry,Co. Limerick.
For 13 years he has prowled this patch
with occasional 'breaks' for nefararious feline
activities ! In this picture 'Pouncey' tries
a spot of gardening,lying down beside a
withered hydranga blossom.
.
THE PRAYER OF THE CAT
.
Oh my master, do not take me for a slave,
for I have in me a taste for liberty:
Do not seek to divine my secrets,
for I have in me a taste for mystery;
Do not constrain me with caresses,
for I have in me a taste for modesty,
Do not humiliate me,
for I have in me a taste for pride,
Do not abandon me,
for I have in me a taste for fidelity,
Love me and I will love thee,
for I have in me a taste for friendship.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I taut I taw a puddy cat!

Tony said...

Wise Cat!

Dew of Hermon said...

Anon,let me tell you...you did...youd...you did...