Thursday 17 April 2008

AH FREEDOM !

Evening falls beyond Barrington's Pier
.
AN EVENING STROLL
.
These evenings have lent themselves to much activity in the great outdoors as winter seems belatedly to be releasing its grip and the sun has taken on a warmth to match its light . So this evening I re-discovered the delights of walking down by Barrington's Pier and beyond it along the Shannon's grassy bank. Apart from the relentless hum of traffic on the Condell Road, as far as the eye can see is green and pastoral and the river my majestic companion, this could be the deep deep heart of the countryside rather than a twenty minute stroll outside Limerick city. I felt a Kilvert's Diary moment coming on as I ambled along this rugged path with a stiff breeze blowing against me and the brilliant sun preparing to set in the distant west. Just the job to broom the cobwebs of night-duty from my sleep addled brain!
.
Gerard O'Shea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you not see the Tunnel

Dew of Hermon said...

Just the light at the end of it !