Sunday 3 August 2008

A CRY FOR HELP

.
PSALM 69
.
Save me, O God,
for the flood waters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire;
I can’t find a foothold.I am in deep water,
and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help;
my throat is parched.
My eyes are swollen with weeping,
waiting for my God to help me.
O God, you know how foolish I am;
my sins cannot be hidden from you.
Don’t let those who trust in you be ashamed because of me,
O Sovereign Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
Don’t let me cause them to be humiliated,
O God of Israel…
.
Don’t let the floods overwhelm me,
or the deep waters swallow me,
or the pit of death devour me.
Answer my prayers, O Lord,
for your unfailing love is wonderful.
Take care of me,
for your mercy is so plentiful.
Don’t hide from your servant;
answer me quickly, for I am in deep trouble!
Come and redeem me;
free me from my enemies…
.
I am suffering and in pain.
Rescue me, O God, by your saving power.
Then I will praise God’s name with singing
and I will honour him with thanksgiving.
For this will please the Lord more than sacrificing cattle,
more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves.
The humble will see their God at work and be glad.
Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged.
.
(Ps.69:1-6,15-18,29-32...TLT)

No comments: