Saturday 30 October 2010

DOWN, LOOKING UP


PRAYING FROM THE DEPTHS

Depression is an affliction that seems to be on the increase, with many bent low under its oppressive weight. There does not appear to be any one quick cure for this ailment and the believing child of God is as susceptible to its grip as anyone else. Counselling can be useful and sometimes medication will help to see a person through their darkest days, but we also look beyond ourselves in time of distress to our loving Heavenly Father for help and healing. Ironically it’s at times when we most need to lift our hearts in prayer that we find it difficult to put into words what we are feeling and what we desire of God. This little prayer can be said by someone going through the valley of depression or can be said on their behalf by a concerned brother or sister. Mental anguish can disable the sufferer from the ability to act for himself and it is incumbent on the body of Christians to lift and support each other during times of trial. Often all we can do is to listen and pray and trust the Lord to provide a way of release for our afflicted brother or sister. May God in His mercy give each one of us the necessary grace and wisdom to be a comfort and a support for all who are so afflicted. ~GOSh.~



Oh Lord, as I sit here in the middle of all my mess, I don't
have much strength or energy to pray. But I'm lifting up my head and my eyes to You because I know deep in my heart that You have the power to do all things. I believe that You want me to be happy and healthy more than I do. And I know you have a good plan for my life.

God, as I bring you my pain, please turn it into something good. Please heal me. Your Word says that ALL things work together for good to those who love You and are called according to Your purpose. Let my healing be a testimony to all the GREAT things you do every day.

I just raise my head to thank you Lord. Thank you for hearing me. Thank you for loving me enough to take care of me. And thank you for showing me what I need to do to feel better.

I ask and receive everything in Jesus' name.

No comments: