Wednesday 25 April 2007


PSALM

The earth may shake and rock a thousand stones
The stars might fall from bloody sulphurous skies -
Friends may one by one withdraw
But I will still be the apple of His redeeming eye.

Hell might cough its zombie dead to haunt me,
Earth might raise her proudest sons to taunt me _
Secret snares may wait to catch me
But I will still be resting in arms of tender love!

There's nothing in this aching orb,
Or in the realm beyond this space _
Nothing in heaven, earth or hell
That will blot out His radiant face.
Just one look - He saves me
Just one gaze - I'm satisfied !
Just His touch - He heals me
Perfect peace at the Masters side.

Gerard O'Shea

















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the poem - a real sense of peace in the arms of God

Anonymous said...

I dig the Psalm Man.