Friday 5 October 2007

A BLOGGERS PLEA

Myself....at the blogging desk!
THE BLOGGERS
COMPLAINT
Sitting down to Blog
Is the strangest thing I feel,
Like talking to yourself
Or cooking up a meal,
You set the table out...
Prepare and cook the grub,
And then just pray to God
That someone will turn up...

And if the guests arrive
You never see a face,
They drift into your blog,
And then quietly steal away,
The comment box lies empty
As you peer into the screen,
Trying to find a sign of life
Or where it might have been!

Ah the bloggers lot's a lonely one
Fit only for the brave,
You spill your pearls for all to see
For wise and fool and knave,
So if you sometimes visit...
Leave traces of your steps,
A few words in the 'comments'
Would give this blogger pep!

Some token of your visit,
Would help the Blogging mind
To plough the bloggers furrow
And never look behind,
So now if you are reading,
And you think this blogging rocks
Just let your fingers ramble
And fill the 'comment' box.

Gerard O'Shea


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great. I got a good laugh out of the poem.

I will add you blog to my list of favorite sites to visit

Tony said...

It seems Ger that your blog is no longer an undiscovered country, but rather a new frontier that seems to grow with every passing day and I for one have not been disappointed yet.

Dew of Hermon said...

Than you Mike and Tony for your stepping into the 'comments' box...where many fear to tread ! It makes it less lonely in here ...
Gerry

Anonymous said...

You very kindly left a comment on my ''sort of blog''. I do the same despite preferring to remain a silent witness on the blogsphere. Keep up the good work. I like what i read and will do so for as long as you choose to post.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to meet you. I came across you blog after a comment was left on my blog.

I think I will enjoy visiting