Friday 2 November 2007

A BOYS BEST FRIEND

Another actual letter written by a child to God,
collected in Carmel Reilly's book 'Dear God'

DEAR GOD...
My dog is very old and she has been ill a lot. We keep going to the vet. I know it costs a lot of money each time.,though my dad says we can keep looking after her.


But the vet says she is not happy any more and we should maybe have her put to sleep. I keep saying I don’t want her put to sleep,we have to keep her alive. My dad says I have to decide because he doesn’t want to do it if I don’t agree.

I know I’m going to have to let her go, because it is not right to keep her alive when she isn’t happy any more.

I will tell them tonight,but I want you to look after her when she dies and I want you to know she is a very special dog and I love her a lot.

Ben


3 comments:

Tony said...

Great photo and a beautiful prayer!

Anonymous said...

And they say its a Dog's life

Sheae said...

A boy's best friend is his mother.~
Norman Bates Quote from the movie Psycho