Monday 29 September 2008

BLIND FAITH

A WISE RABBI
.
A lady called a radio talk show that featured a panel of three clergymen each week. This week the men were a Catholic priest, a Jewish rabbi, and a Methodist preacher. The lady said she was not Jewish but was most interested in having the rabbi help her.The rabbi was a wise, grandfatherly gentleman who has that calm, reassuring voice that can melt all fear. The lady, who was obviously crying, said, "Rabbi, I was born blind, and I've been blind all my life. I don't mind being blind but I have some well meaning friends who tell me that if I had more faith I could be healed." The rabbi asked her, "Tell me, do you carry one of those white tipped canes?" "Why, yes I do," she replied. "Then the next time someone says that hit them over the head with the cane," he said. "Then tell them 'If you had more faith that wouldn't hurt!'"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A relative?

Anonymous said...

This is a great one. I really got a laugh out of it. If you don't mind I may put it on my blog at some point.

Dew of Hermon said...

Well spotted Ralph !
Gerry

Anonymous said...

Remarkable!