Thursday 17 September 2009

FLOWERS FOR AIDAN


Last evening I went to the White House for the Wednesday night Poetry reading. There I met Eamonn Prendergast who recognised me from my occasional attendance at the Society of Friends (Quakers)) meetings at Punches Cross. He also knew Aidan (R.I.P.) from the meetings and wrote the following poem in his memory on the 29 th. Of February 2008...~GOSh.~
.
BLOSSOMING AND BLEEDING
.
There is a red tulip in every heart,
Opening and closing,
Blossoming and bleeding,
Dancing and struggling,
Living
Loving and grieving,
She is the red tulip in every man
He is the red tulip in every woman
God
That fragile flower within
The essence
Love
Love seeking to live
On a summers day dancing
In the winters dancing rain waiting
In every face
Seeking
Embrace
Busting from within
The Son upon this earth
Red tulips
Blossoming and bleeding.
..
Eamonn Prendergast

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gerry,

Would you thank Eamonn Prendergast, for me, for a beautiful poem.